Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager
Company: Rich Products Corporation
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Rich's, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a
family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities.
From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings,
our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the
world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help
them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes
creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals
compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared
foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual
sales exceeding $4 billion, Rich's is a global leader with a focus
on everything that family makes possible. Rich's --Infinite
Possibilities. One Family.PURPOSE STATEMENTThe Quality Assurance
Manager will manage all plant units and is responsible for
monitoring and ensuring plant products are safe and meet customer
specifications and company quality and reliability standards. In
addition to developing and implementing short-term and mid-term
business plans for department, and assists in the development of
the strategic plan for the plant.KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMES
- Manages and directs staff responsible for microbiological
testing and other quality control testing of plant products.
- Oversees maintenance of the weight and defect control programs
in accordance with plant and company standards.
- Develops, implements and communicates short-term and mid-term
(1 - 2 years) business plans for the operations, ensuring
associates understand the link to the plant's, division's and the
corporation's business plans and understand their role in
accomplishing these plans.
- Assists in establishing the longer-term strategic plans for the
- Develops operating policies and procedures as necessary.
- Mentors and motivates associates, providing training and
development to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Communicates performance standards to associates, recognizing
and rewarding individual and team accomplishments and counseling
performance problems. Ensures all associates have the resources and
capabilities to effectively accomplish their responsibilities.
- May serve as a member of the plant's Steering Team.
- Resolves hotline complaints about plant products, maintaining
necessary records regarding the problem's resolution.
- Meets with vendors, customers and quality representatives and
other company staff to discuss and resolve quality issues.
- Ensures that the company's product "hold" policies and
procedures are communicated to plant staff and that the plant
adheres to the procedures.
- Recommends, as appropriate, the suspension of production or the
release of product when quality standards are not achieved.
- Leads and/or participates in quality audits of the plant.
- Participates in regular meetings with plant management to
discuss quality improvements.
- Develops, maintains and reports required operational
information to management. Ensures all quality-related information
required for regulatory reviews and reporting is maintained by the
- Ensures that all GMP and Safety standards are in
- Participates in weekly GMP, sanitation and safety inspections
throughout the production departments and corrects, or issues work
orders to correct, any identified deficiencies.
- Follows up on work orders, with the appropriate Associates to
ensure expeditious performance of the requested work.
- Keeps abreast of latest manufacturing technologies, systems,
and quality control practices.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of all products
manufactured by the plant as well as the raw materials, packaging
materials, and operations required in the manufacturing process
including quality specifications and standards.
- Performs other related responsibilities, as needed, to support
Rich Products Corporation's business
- BA/BS degree in Business, Supply Chain Operations, Food
Science, Engineering or related field
- 5 years supervisory experience in a food-processing,
pharmaceutical or chemical manufacturing organization, preferably
using computerized manufacturing equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of statistical process
control, quality assurance techniques and tools and quality
management principles in a food, chemical or pharmaceutical
- Working knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing
Practices (GMPs), HACCP, food allergens and pest control
- Demonstrated knowledge of refrigeration
- Demonstrated knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing
operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards,
product quality (success rates), and cost control (minimizing
downtime and waste, optimizing yield)
- Demonstrated ability to direct, coach, and train associates as
well as plan, monitor and schedule work
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated mechanical and spatial aptitude, including the
ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Demonstrated ability to formulate and understand complex
mathematical equations including basic statistical analysis
- Proficient using Excel or other spreadsheet
software#LI-BE2#IND123Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries
and affiliates ("Rich's"), are committed to a policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed,
national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental
disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender
identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally
recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The
information collected by this application is solely to determine
suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain
employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain
state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the
way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment
opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich's. Please
contact Rich's Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you
need assistance completing this application or to otherwise
participate in the application process.
Keywords: Rich Products Corporation, New Britain , Quality Assurance and Food Safety Manager, Executive , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!