Lead Category Manager, CapEx
Company: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc.
Location: New Britain
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Remote/Eastern Time Zone
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of
purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World---. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
nearly 60,000 professionals globally who are making their mark on
some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT -,
CRAFTSMAN -, CUB CADET -, STANLEY - and BLACK+DECKER -
What You'll Do
Reporting to Director - MRO, Facilities, Capex Procurement, the
Lead Category Manager - CAPEX is an important role in the Global
Indirect Supply Management team. To be successful, this procurement
expert will continue consolidation of our supply base and drive our
strategies. This role will interface with plant managers, asset
engineering, property services, site champions and finance
controllers to drive SBD's North America category strategy for the
category in alignment with the Global Category strategy of 5S
(Simplify, Standardize, SRM and Source Internally and Spend data
cleanse). SBD's current North America manufacturing footprint
involves 50+ locations across three business units.
This role will also be responsible for overseeing Total Cost of
Ownership (TCO) value creation for these categories through a
combination of productivity, quality, innovation, service
excellence, risk management and margin resiliency. You'll get
* Develop, evaluate or manage relationships with suppliers and
other cross-functional areas
* Propose and implement improvements & innovations within the
assigned spend area
* Develop and implement the global category strategies in the
* Navigate multiple ERP and procurement systems to establish a
* Consolidate a supply base with 100+ suppliers to a select pool of
a few preferred vendors by collecting data, bundling purchases and
driving consolidation through effective contract management
* Select suppliers and driving negotiations
* Build sustainable business partnerships with internal
stakeholders and strategic suppliers
* Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market
* Negotiate supply agreements, improve prices and terms of business
with suppliers and examine and test existing contracts.
* Work closely with others functions and review opportunities for
continuous improvement and business improvements.
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job---but wouldn't it be great if
you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about
quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be
acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not
intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also
* A Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
* 5 to 10 years of strategic sourcing with experience driving
change within a manufacturing environment and within matrixed
* 3 to 5 years of experience in CAPEX category or similar
environment at a management level
* Procurement experience in managing global or regional categories
of spend and category strategy creation and implementation on many
* Demonstrated ability to manage complex commercial and contractual
* Experience in advanced sourcing techniques and tools, and
* Proficiency in driving Value engineering techniques
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate
effectively at all levels, particularly at the C-level, VP and
* Strong analytical and financial skills
* Influencing without direct authority while being comfortable with
conflict of opinions with a demonstrated track record of positive
and constructive outcomes
* Ability to undertake projects or initiatives to improve
performance, seize opportunities or address key challenges on
* Comfort with risk and ambiguous situation
* Leverage opportunities to lower total cost of ownership or
increase value to the business while ensuring supply worldwide
* Apply project management principles to drive cross-functional
teams in effective and efficient delivery of business
* Travel approximately 40% in the US
What You'll Receive
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
* Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
* Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay.
Being part of our team means you'll get to:
* Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and
develop your skills along multiple career paths.
* Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including
our Lean Academy, Coursera - and online university.
* Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual
respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and
* Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and
globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world.
We're more than the #1 tools company. More than a driving force in
outdoor power equipment. More than a global leader in industrial.
We're visionaries and innovators. As successful as we've been in
the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, Inc., New Britain , Lead Category Manager, CapEx, Executive , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!