Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: New Britain
Posted on: January 19, 2023
Job Description Energy Manager- Remote
Make Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of
purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World---. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
nearly 60,000 professionals globally who are making their mark on
some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT -,
CRAFTSMAN -, CUB CADET -, STANLEY - and BLACK+DECKER -
What You'll Do
As an Energy Manager, you'll be part of our Global Operations team
working remote. In close collaboration with the Business, Corporate
EHS and GSM teams, the primary objective of the Global Ops Energy
Manager, through Energy reduction efforts, is to achieve our 2030
Energy & Carbon Emission. You'll get to:
- Define, develop, implement, and deliver an effective Carbon &
Energy Management Plan, working closely with internal and external
partners to ensure successful outcomes. -
- Be responsible for promoting site and business level awareness
of the Carbon & Energy Management Plan.
- Be responsible for the ECOSMART (Energy) Project assessment
- Work with each site to identify ECOSMART project
- Co-Lead the Energy & Carbon Focus Group and deployment
- Support the Corporate EHS team with the Water and Waste focus
groups and development plans
- Be responsible for the continued rollout and administration of
the Manufacture 2030 BEE (or equivalent) platform across Global
Ops. Commission and deliver or supervise energy training
- Report on energy consumption and costs, associated transmission
and distribution costs, budget variances, costs of exceptions, and
- Assist with the preparation of BU and site level Energy and
future ECOSMART budgets.
- Increase organizational awareness of the importance of reducing
carbon emissions, using renewable sources of energy, and minimizing
- Keep up to date on the latest regulations and Best Available
Technology, reporting all compliance risk and opportunities back to
the Corporate EHS and BU leadership teams
- Work in close consultation with key internal stakeholders (EHS,
GSM, Facilities, Maintenance.) ensuring that energy efficiency
factors are incorporated into all development planning, MOC and
other operational activities.
- Commission and supervise specialist consultants to conduct
energy audits, surveys, performance tests and investigations in
coordination with GSM, where necessary.
- Participate in external energy benchmarking groups
- Domestic Travel 20%
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job---but wouldn't it be great if
you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about
quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be
acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not
intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of related experience
- Maintenance or electrical engineer experience
- Professional Energy Manager (PEM) or Certified Energy Manager
(CEM) certification required
What You'll Receive
- You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
How You'll Feel
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay.
Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and
develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including
our Lean Academy, Coursera - and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have
mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally
and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world.
We're more than the #1 tools company. More than a driving force in
outdoor power equipment. More than a global leader in industrial.
We're visionaries and innovators. As successful as we've been in
the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.
- Requisition Number96112BRBusinessCorporate - Global OpsNo. of
Positions1EEO StatementAll qualified applicants to Stanley Black &
Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, New Britain , Energy Manager, Executive , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!