CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT - TRANSITIONAL REHAB UNIT
Company: Hospital for Special Care
Location: New Britain
Posted on: January 7, 2021
$750 Sign on Bonus for CNAs w/ 2+ Years of ExperienceHospital
for Special Care (HSC) is the fourth largest, free-standing
long-term acute care hospital in the U.S. and one of only two in
the nation serving both adults and children. Located in New Britain
and Hartford, we operate on a not-for-profit basis.Hospital for
Special Care (HSC) is recognized for advanced care and
rehabilitation in pulmonary care, acquired brain injury,
medically-complex pediatrics, neuromuscular disorders, spinal cord
injury, comprehensive heart failure and comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient treatment for children and adolescents with autism
- Required: Certified nursing assistant (for new hires)
- Required: Ability to read, write and understand
- Required: State registration (for new hires)
- Preferred: High school diploma/GED
- Preferred: Previous experience as a certified nursing
- Preferred: Basic Computer knowledge
- In Lieu of certification/registration, nursing students
currently enrolled in a Connecticut nursing school who have
completed 100 hours of theoretical and clinical instruction in the
fundamental skills of nursing are qualified. Certificate and
registration must be obtained within 120 days of employment.
- JOB SUMMARYThe certified nursing assistant, within a team,
functions as a caregiver who assists in the care of a group of
patients under the direction and supervision of a licensed
- PHYSICAL DEMANDSJob requires continuous periods of standing,
walking, bending, forward reaching with occasional periods of
sitting. Ability to safely transfer patients and provide contact
guarding or hands-on assistance. Requires ability to lift or carry
objects up to 10 pounds continuously, to 20 pounds frequently, and
up to 40 pounds frequently for patient transfers and bed mobility.
Ability to push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day
for patient transport and mobility activities. Occasional overhead
reaching, crawling, kneeling, and squatting may be required as
related to patient care. Visual and auditory skills are needed.
Fine manipulation is required for writing and computer usage.
- COGNITIVE DEMANDS
- Job requires the application of previously acquired knowledge.
Job requires flexibility of thought, reasoning, organizational
skills, and the ability to function in new situations. Selective
attention and concentration are necessary to complete tasks.
- Job requires basic formulation, content, syntax, and spelling
to complete tasks. Only simple sentence or very short paragraph
expression is necessary.
- Job requires spontaneous communication, and paraphrasing in and
out of the context of discussion and the ability to dialogue with
- Job requires an ability to comprehend lengthy messages or
paragraphs and to follow multistage commands. Communication skills
i.e. listening, feedback, etc.
- Job requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
tens and hundreds by two, three, four, and five. Perform basic
arithmetic operations. Perform operation with measuring units such
as milliliters, liters, centimeters, feet, yards, and pounds.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide care under the direction and supervision of a licensed
nurse in accordance with hospital policies, procedures, and
- Receives report from licensed nurse on assigned patients.
- Reports pertinent patient information to appropriate team
- Incorporates awareness of age, developmental, cultural, hearing
and other special patient needs into care provided for assigned
- May assist professional staff during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates competency in use of patient related
- Documents in a timely and accurate manner adhering to hospital
policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Completes specific assigned tasks, sets priorities for daily
tasks, prioritizes and completes assigned tasks.
- Assists with maintaining orderliness, cleanliness, and supplies
- Assists with equipment maintenance and identification of
technical equipment problems when they arise and reports any
problems to manager or PCC.
- Transports specimens to laboratory.At HSC, we are a family.
Each person who is a part of our team of over 1,000 employees and
volunteers offers unique talents and perspectives. We all believe
in keeping the same shared value of making our patients the center
of what we do. By combining all of our unique skills and shared
values we are able to make a positive difference in the lives of
our patients.We are dedicated to creating an environment of care
and engagement that makes us one of the most desirable places to
work. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and offer a competitive
benefits package.Location: Hospital for Special Care -- TRU
NURSINGSchedule: Full Time, Days, 40
Keywords: Hospital for Special Care, New Britain , CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT - TRANSITIONAL REHAB UNIT, Healthcare , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!