CT Technologist - Radiology CT Scan
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: New Britain
Posted on: May 8, 2022
Description Job Schedule: Part Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 1 Shift Details: Monday - Friday 8:00am-4:30 pm On
call rotation & Holiday rotationSign-On Bonus Eligible up to 10k!
Work where -every moment -matters.Every day, over 30,000 Hartford
HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride
in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to
become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare
network.The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care
community teaching hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and
outpatient services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a
wide variety of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of
leading professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides
a wide array of services throughout the region, caring for patients
from birth through the end of life.SummaryPerforms diagnostic and
therapeutic CT procedures according to established protocols to
assist the referring physician in diagnosis and treatment. -
Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures by selecting correct
exposure factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the
assessment of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically
accurate cross sectional images to assist the radiologist in
diagnosis and treatment. Participates in complex invasive CT
examinations by assisting the Radiologist or Physician's Assistant
using proper sterile technique and producing CT
- Performs computed tomography (CT) procedures according to
department procedures and protocols by selecting correct exposure
factors, algorithms and scan fields while utilizing the assessment
of patient age and diagnosis to produce technically accurate cross
- Accurately inputs data into the RIS by tracking actual
procedures to capture exam and supply charges, resource allocation
and other relevant information. Transfers correctly annotated
images and pertinent paperwork into PACS.
- Obtains all relevant patient information, including but not
limited to, current lab values, medication usage, ensuring reason
for exam is concordant with exam request in order to perform the
appropriate exam, on the correct patient, to procure an accurate
- Explain procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
Utilizes ALARA principals and appropriate infection control
techniques to ensure a safe work environment.
- Appropriately maintains exam rooms, supplies and equipment
according to performance standards. Maintains area supplies and
reports equipment malfunctions. Performs and documents quality
assurance testing on equipment according to established protocols
to maintain high performance of the system. Transports patients as
- Starts intravenous sites, assesses existing sites and injects
intravenous contrast according to established protocols. Uses
appropriate safety procedures for handling storage and disposal of
bio- hazardous, infections, radioactive and toxic substance.
- Maintains clinical proficiency and annual health stream.
Participates in the department quality, safety and compliance
- When necessary, provides clinical supervision and instruction
to students by maintaining an understanding of policies, procedures
and the clinical competency process in order to evaluate student
growth and competence in performing imaging procedures.
- Perform other related duties as requiredQualifications
- Graduate from an accredited Radiography programLicensure,
- Connecticut state Radiographer license required. - CT Advanced
certification by ARRT required
- Basic Life Support (BLS)Experience:
- -At least one (1) year experience as a C T Technologist.
- 6 months experience in Radiology hospital setting
- Working knowledge of CT Technology and venipuncture.
- Accepting New GradsWe take great care of careers.With locations
around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities
for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an
organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new
technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to
countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is -your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New Britain , CT Technologist - Radiology CT Scan, Healthcare , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!