RN Medical Surgical
Company: United Health Systems
Location: New Britain
Posted on: May 9, 2022
Job DescriptionRN - Medical / Surgical (Contract)Duration: 3
Month Location: New Britain, CTShift:- 12 Hrs (NOC)Pay Rate: - Best
in the Market...Job Description Summary:
- The Medical/Surgical RN provides care for patients utilizing
the nursing process of assessment, planning, intervention,
implementation, and evaluation. The Med/Surge RN collaborates with
other professional disciplines to ensure effective patient care
delivery and achievement of desired patient outcomes. Due to the
broad range of medical conditions Med/Surge Nurses will encounter,
they must be well-versed in a large variety of health
conditions.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to
assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
- Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an
IV) and records prescribed
- medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or
treatments in accordance with
- the policy regarding the administration of medications by a
licensed registered nurse.
- Educates patients on surgical procedures.
- Records patients' medical information and vital signs.
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients,
and interprets and records electronic displays.
- Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays
- Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and
treatment of the patient.
- Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Records all care information concisely, accurately, and
completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on
the appropriate forms.
- Other duties may be assigned.Requirement:
- Graduate of an accredited school of registered nursing
- Must have current BLS, ACLS certifications and current RN
- Registered Nurse needed for Med/Surg department; must have a
minimum of 1+ years of experience required.
Keywords: United Health Systems, New Britain , RN Medical Surgical, Healthcare , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!