HR IT Director of Technology- Workday
Company: Stanley Black & Decker
Location: New Britain
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Job Description HR/IT Director of Technology - Workday
We Don't Just Build The World, We Build Innovative Technology
This is the career you've been waiting for your whole life. Joining
the Stanley Black & Decker team means working in an innovative,
tech-driven and highly collaborative team environment supported by
over 58,000 professionals in 60 countries across the globe. Here,
you'll get the unique chance to impact some of the world's most
iconic brands including STANLEY TOOLS, DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, MAC TOOLS
and Black & Decker. Your ideas and solutions have the potential to
reach millions of customers as we work together to write the next
chapter in our history. Come build with us and take your career to
Who We Are
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the
world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies.
Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and
storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us
from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised
and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
- courage & innovation
- agility & performance
- inclusivity & collaboration
- integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and
positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions
that the world counts on when it really matters. It means
maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every
Who You Are
You're a curious problem solver who has the ability to bring big
ideas to life. You're creative and scrappy but can navigate a large
organization with ease. You're agile and adaptable but work with
precision to ensure we deliver top-notch customer experiences,
always. As the HR/IT-- Director of Technology will continually
raise the bar on innovation, creativity, and imagination in all
areas of HR Technologies to enable and improve Employee experience
for Stanley Black & Decker. You will have a can-do spirit and
contribute to our Human Resources & Operations strategy. You will
be the liaison between Business Teams, HR Partners and vendors,
translates business needs and requirements into technical concepts
and solutions. This role will deliver components of HR platforms
and Business Technologies and will ensure a high degree of system
availability and reliability.
You also have:--
- Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve
more complex IT issues
- Strong knowledge in HR technologies like Workday, Kronos and
other Payroll software, Health & Safety, Workforce, Travel & Merit
- Experience using Collaboration tools; SharePoint, Workplace,
Confluence and similar applications.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for multiple
functional areas within IT.
- Proven ability to manage a department or a group with multiple
- Advanced understanding and ability to develop and drive
- 13+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of
education and work experience.
- 3-6 years experience working with the HR and Operational
Technologies strongly desired
6-9 years cross disciplined leadership experience.
- Consulting experience leading major global Workday
implementations and/or HR transformation strongly desired
- Undergraduate degree and 13+ years relevant experience, or
Graduate degree and 10-12 years relevant experience.
What You'll Do--
As a, HR/IT Director of Technology, --you'll be part of our Global
IT team located remotely .
- Have have the primary responsibility of developing the vision,
goals, strategies, and tactics to drive step-change adoption of and
engagement with new solutions to deliver long-term value.
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage and deliver Business
and HR solutions on time, as well as champion the best possible
- Provide technical services and assistance in implementing human
resourcing and collaboration components and the integration with
other Enterprise systems
- Partner with HR, corporate functional teams and IT leaders
throughout the organization to assist them on business growth.
- Partner with outside vendors to deliver services, technology
and platforms to the business. Review new technologies and trends
to keep the company at the forefront of developments in and around
- Have-- Strong project management and excellent communication
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze requirements and
propose system and process-based solutions.
- Articulate technical concepts to non-technical levels of the
organization is a must.
- Meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced
- Use Agile delivery experience and experience with leading Agile
- Direct--the efforts of others in the achievement of the
strategic and operational objectives of the group.--
- Manage--the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and
- Be responsible for career development/planning, performance and
pay discussions of team members.
- Communicate--and translates vision/strategy to staff.
- Be responsible for executing on functional and business goals
for the group.
- Address--problems across functional areas of the business.
- Influence--individuals within and outside the IT
- Be responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Prepare--and presents reports to all levels of leadership and
-- Benefits & Perks
You'll get a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan
that includes medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program,
disability, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Paid Time Off,
including paid vacation, holidays & personal days, and tuition
reimbursement. And, of course, discounts on Stanley Black & Decker
tools and products and well as discount programs for many other
vendors and partners.
What You'll Also Get--
- Career Opportunity: Career paths aren't linear here. Being part
of our global company with 60+ brands gives you the chance to grow
and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learning & Development: Our lifelong learning philosophy means
you'll have access to a wealth of state-of-the-art learning
resources, including our Lean Academy and online university (where
you can get certificates and specializations from renowned colleges
- Diverse & Inclusive Culture: We pride ourselves on being an
awesome place to work. We respect and embrace differences because
that's how the best work gets done. You'll find we like to have fun
- Purpose-Driven Company: You'll help us continue to make
positive changes in the local communities where we work and live as
well as in the broader world through volunteerism, giving back and
sustainable business practices.
Stanley Black & Decker is one of the world's largest, fastest
growing and most dynamic companies.--SBD, a Fortune 200 company--is
a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial
electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique
growth platforms and a track record of sustained profitable
-- Requisition Number 75715BR Business US - Global IT No. of
Positions 1 EEO Statement All qualified applicants to Stanley Black
& Decker are considered for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other
Keywords: Stanley Black & Decker, New Britain , HR IT Director of Technology- Workday, Human Resources , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!