Company: Frank Group
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 12, 2022
Job DescriptionKEY ACCOUNTABILITIES/OUTCOMES
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and
procedures for company associates, under the direction of the
Regional HR Manager.
- Plans, organizes, and controls all activities of the
department. Participates in developing departmental goals,
objectives, systems, and recommends necessary changes.
- Implements and annually updates hourly compensation program;
creates and updates job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual
salary surveys and assists Plant Manager in developing bonus
objectives; analyzes compensation; monitors performance evaluation
program and revises as necessary.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and
procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and
procedures; performs benefits administration to include enrollment,
claims resolution, change reporting, administration of COBRA and
401K, safety shoe program, educational reimbursement, flexible
benefits program, managed care benefits, and CAP program.
Administers drug and alcohol policy.
- Coaches Department Leaders in handling such issues.
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1
annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to confirm to
- Conducts recruitment effort for all exempt and nonexempt
associates, students, and temporary associates; conducts
new-associate orientations; works with department leaders to
develop career path programs; conducts associate relations
counseling, outplacement counseling, and exit interviewing; writes
and places advertisements.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department in
relation to established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies,
and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency of
department and services performed.
- Works with department leaders to develop and coordinates all
training for associates, i.e., Mission: World Class, safety,
policies and procedures, team skills, etc.
- Consults with corporate legal and human resources on various
- Handles all unemployment claims, investigating and responding
to EEO charges, and claims filed with Federal and State
- Coaches department leaders in handling various disciplinary
actions and attendance issues with associates.
- Participates in disciplinary or termination proceedings
- Attends seminars and/or classes to keep abreast of changes in
the legal and human resources arena.
- Keeps associates informed of all changes in human resources
policies, counsels with associates on policies and personal
- Consults with Regional HR Manager in making appropriate
adjustments to complaints received from management and hourly
associates, leads associate support team in addressing issues and
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or
related field required. MBA desirable.
- Sound knowledge of all phases of Human Resources, gained
through 5-7 years of experience, preferably in a Manufacturing
and/or Warehouse environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Familiarity with applicable state and federal regulations.
- Personal leadership skills.
- Previous managerial experience required.
Keywords: Frank Group, New Britain , HR Manager, Human Resources , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!