Business Systems Analyst Job
Location: New Britain
Posted on: July 28, 2020
The Lead, Business Systems job is part of the Global Sourcing and
Corporate Systems team and partners with enterprise business leads
to identify, propose and implement process and technology that
support business transformation and integration projects. The Lead,
Business Systems is responsible for providing thought leadership,
strategic business and technical acumen as well as being
accountable for the delivery of programs and projects to
successfully meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
Principal Job Activities
Activity Category Activities/Tasks
• Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and
preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align
information technology solutions with business initiatives.
• Works with business users to define and analyze problems and
align the most suitable technical, application or configuration
• Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and
provides detailed design and business rules to support the
requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through
• Considers the business implications of the application of
technology to the current and future business environment.
• Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide,
process flow charts, training materials).
• Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to
test all results to determine whether system changes met project
specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance
• In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and
system integrity with end-users.
• Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in
conjunction with other account team associates.
• Conducts formal and informal training for functional, business
• Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
Business Systems Skills and Abilities
• Experience in leading large scale Transportation and Logistics
• Strong knowledge of project methodology and software development
• Thorough understanding of business processes, with an emphasis on
logistics and distribution processes.
• Proven negotiation skills
• Demonstrated ability to work closely with business partners to
forecast savings, work, effort, budget, etc.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, including ability
to present technical ideas to non-technical associates and
influence various levels within the organization that are needed to
achieve project goals
• Effective interpersonal skills, including managing resources in a
matrix environment, ability to build strong relationships, and
foster an effective team environment
• Strong ability to think strategically and act tactically
• Demonstrated ability to proactively eliminate potential issues
and solve problems and conflicts
• Excellent time and task management skills with ability to provide
direction and focus on deliverables
• Experience with SOX and other regulatory requirements with
respect to system implementations and integrations and exposure to
audit finding/resolution processes.
Information Technology Abilities
• Strong knowledge of system development methodology
• Solid Project Management experience
• Strong system architecture skills including system and EDI
• Solid SAP Business Objects Universe and Reporting experience
• Knowledge of extract, transform and load processes
• Experience with report development from relational and
multi-dimensional data structures.
• Subject matter expert in IT Sales Order Management, Distribution
Education / Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or
• Minimum of 8 - 10 years relevant experience or equivalent
combination of education and work experience.
• Experience executing all size and types of projects and multi
• Experience with leading cross-functional teams, creating an
effective team environment, building strong relationships,
negotiation, solving problems and issues, resolving conflicts,
managing resources in a matrix environment and communicating
effectively at all levels of an organization.
• Knowledge or experience with project management tools, analysis
and research tools, documentation tools, and reporting tools.
• Masters degree preferred.
• PMP certification preferred.
Keywords: , New Britain , Business Systems Analyst Job, IT / Software / Systems , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!