Company: Hospital for Special Care
Location: New Britain
Posted on: November 20, 2022
- Required: Working knowledge of HL7 specifications and
- Required: Experience working with Allscripts AMPFM, eLink and
- Required: Excellent Vbscript scripting skills
- Required: Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases
- Required: Working knowledge of TCP/IP and FTP protocols
- JOB SUMMARY
- The HL7 Integration Engineer is responsible for a wide range of
information technology based activities, including systems
integration, wireless communication and other duties required for
the successful implementation and support of HSC technologies
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- This position requires the ability to sit, walk, and stand as
needed. It also requires the ability to lift/carry 1-50 pounds
occasionally. The ability to be flexible in body positioning as in
bending, squatting, balancing, reaching, and twisting. This
position also requires frequent keyboarding and telephone use.
- COGNITIVE DEMANDS
- This position requires high levels of problem-solving, written
expression/communication, verbal expression/communication,
reading/auditory comprehension to problem solve issues of a complex
and sensitive nature. This position demands on a continual basis
the ability to exhibit strong written and verbal communication
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for systems integration for all of HSC systems.
Processes include analysis, design, coding, testing, documentation
and maintenance of existing Hospitals interfaces & file imports to
and from vendors and all other integration solutions. Systems
include HL7 interface to EHR, Payroll system, Kronos and HR
- Responsible for Allscripts eLink interface engine and ISS
administration, including setup and maintaining alarms in both
systems in the production and test environments.
- Works with downstream vendors on inbound and outbound HL7 and
file specifications, connectivity and support issues. Includes the
coordination of creating new VPN connections with multi- vendors
and adheres to HSC IT Security guidelines.
- Is a resource in monitoring and troubleshooting the flow of HL7
data as it feeds into the Hospitals EHR. Provides tools and
documentation for IT team to use.
- Uses latest technologies to automate the transfer of HL7 charge
data downstream systems into eLink for processing. Technology
includes vbscript and SFTP.
- Wireless communications manager. Orders wireless equipment,
Manages AT&T user accounts and tracks and analyze usage
- Uses latest technologies to develop and implement the Hospitals
intranet, links to external systems and system login scripts. Uses
technologies, but not limited to HTML & ASP programming
Keywords: Hospital for Special Care, New Britain , INTEGRATION ANALYST, IT / Software / Systems , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!