SR Commercial Loan Servicer
Company: Webster Bank
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 6, 2020
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here
at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has
always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help
individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals.
And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain
passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities,
and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference
in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career
you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the
values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The
Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an
employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working
hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
The role is responsible for providing dedicated Commercial Loan
processing and other banking services to multiple types of deals
including Syndicated/Agency transactions. Commercial Loan Servicers
work in teams on a shared portfolio with tasks being assigned to
each member of the team to service the portfolio. They also work
closely with front office, borrowers, agents, and other Corporate
- Senior Commercial Loan Servicers perform completeness check to
ensure all executed documents are collected and/or delivered by all
- Ability to deliver high quality professional service to
internal and external customers, understanding all aspect of loan
processing, ensuring requests are processed accurately within
established credit guidelines and departmental procedures
- Process loan portfolio seamlessly and accurately and
anticipates business needs
- Perform completeness check to ensure all executed documents are
collected and/or delivered by all parties involved; ensure
knowledge of the Commercial lending products and services,
including an understanding of a Credit Agreement, loan funding
mechanics, deal structure, funds flow, etc.
- Establish on-going communication with deal teams and bank
groups regarding any changes or issues to the Loan Agreement or
- Department policies and procedures are adhered to and data
input is accurate.
- Monitors delinquencies and evaluates loan issues. Develop an
estimate of final financial impact to the Bank.
- Daily reconciliation ensuring cash items are matched and to
determine what should be reported as past due.
- Responsible to reconcile/verify any investor lists (excel
templates) are accurate with ACBS.
- Mentor and train Junior Commercial Loan Servicers
- Receptive to increasing levels of responsibilities and
additional process improvement projects at management's
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 3 - 5+ years' experience in commercial loan servicing
environment, including interactions with multiple systems (ex.
ACBS, general ledger, reporting tools)
- Strong analytical skills especially related to transaction
calculation and account reconciliation
- Detail oriented & ability to effectively multitask in a
- Strong time management skills: ability to set priorities,
develop a work schedule, monitor progress toward goals and track
- Ability to challenge the status quo & open to change, excellent
interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability manage within a
metrics driven organization (results driven)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of commercial loan documentation
- Understanding of commercial transactions (ex. Syndications,
Participations, Capital Markets, etc.). Foreign currency loan
processing experience, preferred
- Training experience, a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite
- Working Knowledge of ACBS, preferred
- Bachelor's Degree is required: major in Accounting or Finance
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Webster Bank, New Britain , SR Commercial Loan Servicer, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!