Digital Development Lead
Company: Webster Bank
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 6, 2020
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here
at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has
always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help
individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals.
And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain
passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities,
and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference
in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career
you've been looking for. Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork
and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded.
Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us
apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put
people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each
other, every day.
The Digital Development Lead is responsible for the curation,
dissemination, coaching and governance of design and development
standards and best practices for the development and maintenance of
digital banking system solutions. Working closely with the
architecture team, digital delivery teams and vendor partners, the
Digital Development Lead will collaborate on technical
specifications, coding standards, tool selections and
implementations associated with advanced engineering practices and
CI/CD Agile/DevOps methods.
- Leads design, build and test planning phases for medium to
large scope enhancements and projects.
- Coaches, mentors and may supervise other developers as
assigned. Provides associated performance feedback, creates staff
development plans with respect to the acquisition of strategic
technical skills and proficiencies.
- Governs technical deliverables developed by internal developers
and vendor partners to ensure conformance with agreed upon
- Assists delivery leaders with resource and systems capacity
planning and estimation efforts.
- Develops detailed application, product, and/or tool selection
evaluation criteria based on identified product requirements;
assumes full accountability for developing business, technical and
functional requirements for complex issues.
- Develops software engineering and delivery strategies that keep
pace with practices in technology and emerging market
- Provides senior level consulting services to internal business
groups and peers on process improvement projects designed to
improve business and IT results with respect to software
- Responsible for satisfactory internal and external audits of
systems by ensuring compliance with Bank's policies such as IT
Governance, Info Security and more. Reviews and generates all the
- Provides consistent, accurate and timely updates to team
members and management as to the status and issues surrounding
projects and tasks.
- Collaborates with the architecture team and other technical
delivery teams on technical roadmaps and resulting capability
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a directly
- 10 years of software engineering experience as a developer,
with a minimum of 5 years in digital/mobile solutions
- 5 years of experience with Agile \DevOps execution and related
CI\CD practice building
- 3 years of experience coaching and leading small to mid-size
teams as a manager and/or technical lead.
- Strong knowledge of programming and design best practices and
- Strong expertise in the following; SCSS, Typescript,
- Experience with responsive and mobile frameworks highly desired
(e.g. Angular, React, Native mobile)
- Experience deploying solutions in the public cloud, including
the configuration of containers desired.
- Strong knowledge of programming and software design &
development best practices and industry trends.
- Excellent and proven interpersonal skills to include: verbal,
written and technical communication skills.
- Skilled problem solver that is very detail-oriented.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Webster Bank, New Britain , Digital Development Lead, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!