Part-Time Community Outreach Program Facilitators
Company: Girl Scouts of Connecticut Inc
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 5, 2021
The Program Facilitator is a temporary part time position that
is accountable for implementing community based programming to
girls in grades K 12 through virtual, hybrid and/or in-person
formats. She/he will deliver community based programming as
needed in Hartford, Manchester, New Britain, Waterbury, New Haven,
Bridgeport, Danbury, Norwalk or New London as requested to ensure
that Girl Scout program opportunities are provided to underserved
communities. S/he is responsible for providing quality Girl Scout
program experiences according to established guidelines.
- Completes GS101 Training modules online and clearly understands
the Girl Scouts Leadership Experience
- Completes virtual training module to understand requirements
pertaining to GSOFCTs safety measures as implemented due to
- Delivers community based program to girls in underserved
communities to meet the councils Plan of Achievement goals,
objectives and initiatives, including membership goals.
- Utilizes computer skills to deliver virtual and/or hybrid
programs via Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and/or Google Classrooms.
- Helps maintain new and established collaborative relationships
with community organizations, schools, agencies and businesses in
order to support and enhance community based program
- Works cooperatively with program partners, volunteers, and
- Maintains accurate records pertaining to attendance, incidents,
surveys, and other data as required.
- Promotes additional council Girl Scout opportunities beyond
community based program.
- Assists with the implementation of product sales program in
community based programming.
- As necessary, assists Community Based Program Specialists in
preparing and packaging program materials to deliver community
based program curriculum
- Embraces and enhances a culture that values diversity and
reflects the councils commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Supports and promotes all aspects of Girl Scouting, by serving
as a spokesperson for the movement and a voice on girl issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma preferred or equivalent experience.
- Bilingual preferred (English plus one other; Spanish a
- Basic computer skills with basic/intermediate experience in
Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Classrooms.
- Experience working with youth.
- Ability to work independently and in a group setting as
- Ability to work with a diverse group of staff, volunteers, and
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, current girl issues and
ADDITIONAL JOB REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Become a registered member and maintain membership in
- Represent GSOFCT in professional Girl Scout attire.
- Regional travel required from assigned service center to
- Valid Connecticut drivers license.
- Reliable transportation with proof of liability coverage of
- Physical ability to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects up
to 25 lbs.
- Sit or stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to maneuver around an event setting, including set up,
facilitation and cleanup.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule.
Work in community settings such as schools and community
centers. Occasional work in an office environment.
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Connecticut Inc, New Britain , Part-Time Community Outreach Program Facilitators, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!