2nd Shift- CNC Swiss Set-Up Operators
Company: Nesco Resource
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Nesco Resource is looking for 2nd Shift CNC Swiss Set-up
Operators in New Britain, CT. This is a temp to hire position for
the right candidate. Schedule is: Monday- Friday from 3:30 PM to
11:30 PM. Pay is depending on experience. Candidate is responsible
for setting up CNC Swiss Machines as directed by the CNC
Duties & Responsibilities:
Key Results Areas:
- Must be able to set up, operate CNC Swiss equipment located in
the CNC Swiss Department. This includes Citizen and Tsugami Swiss
- Must be able to work independently using prints, work
instructions and be able to use and understand all measuring and
- Must be able to change and/or set all required tooling
- Must have a good understanding of fixturing and work holding as
it pertains to the machine group being used.
- Is responsible for quality of all products leaving the CNC
Swiss Department on machines assigned
- Will train and monitor operators in the department
- Follow all company safety rules and report any unsafe acts to
- Must have full understanding of all company processes,
procedures and rules as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform all 5S as required within the CNC Swiss Department
- Perform line walks for Swiss area as directed by immediate
- Perform any other duties as directed by immediate
- Support the strategic goals and vision of the organization by
promoting reduction of lead times and contributing to the overall
experience of our customers.
- Participate in company problem resolution teams.
- Participate in company Kaizen events.
- Prepare and present Gemba Board as needed
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Safety- No near misses/OSHA Recordable Accidents
- Efficiency > 80%
- Internal PPM95%
- Minimum of 5 years' setup experience on CNC machines
- Should be analytical and have trouble shooting skills
- Must be familiar with feeds and speeds
- Should be familiar with aluminum, brass, ledloy, 300 series
stainless steels (including 316), 430F stainless steel and 430FR
- Computer literacy
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to make sound decisions and accept responsibility,
- Ability to work well with others,
- Understanding of the Lean Enterprise Tool
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos
Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or
veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with
respect to employment opportunities.
- Employee is required to lift up to 50 lbs infrequently
- Use hands to change tools, handle or feel; and reach with hands
- Employee is required to stand or walk frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, New Britain , 2nd Shift- CNC Swiss Set-Up Operators, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!