Respiratory Care Practitioner
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: New Britain
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Schedule: Full Time
Shift: Shift 2
Work where every
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work
with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment
matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s
most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut
is an acute-care community teaching hospital, we provide
comprehensive inpatient and outpatient services in general medicine
and surgery, as well as a wide variety of specialties. Staffed
by our talented team of leading professionals, The Hospital of
Central Connecticut provides a wide array of services throughout
the region, caring for patients from birth through the end of
- Administers respiratory care modalities under doctors’ orders
and according to policy and procedure.
- Collaborates with the Healthcare team to meet identified
patient and family needs
- Administers oxygen and/or other medical gases and sets up tests
and maintains patients on all forms of oxygen delivery
- Effective administration of medically prescribed respiratory
medications and knowing their indications and
- Reacts to emergency calls to provide respiratory expertise in
airway maintenance assessment and/or technical advice.
- Performs all patient care duties relative to Respiratory Care
in the nursery, all critical care areas, Emergency Department
including ventilator care, non-invasive ventilation, CPAP set up &
delivery and is able to troubleshoot problems.
- Performs duties related to the functioning of the ABG lab and
related specimen retrieval.
- Performs charge duties as assigned.
- Performs clerical duties associated with the position including
being accountable for charges and documentation related to assigned
- Reports patient progress and is able to prioritize patient
condition of assigned work to the next shift
- Valid CT respiratory care
license. CRT must complete successful RRT credentials
within 6 months of hire.
- Interpersonal skills & customer service skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective computer skills.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state,
Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career
development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization
on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies,
breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men,
women and children. We know that a thriving organization
starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits
program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment
matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New Britain , Respiratory Care Practitioner, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!