Company: Stanley, Black and Decker
Location: New Britain
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of
purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of
excellence. People who care about making things better For Those
Who Make The World. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of
54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on
some of the world s most beloved brands, including DEWALT,
CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You ll Do
As a Electrical Engineer, you ll be part of our PTG team located in
Southington. You ll get to:
Who You Are
- Apply electrical engineering concepts and creativity to develop
and maintain innovative, reliable and safe electro-mechanical tools
that can be protected by patents.
- Work with marketing to understand user needs and translate them
into detailed technical requirements.
- Contribute to project estimation, planning and management.
- Design electronic circuits including power supplies, battery
chargers, laser drivers, optical receivers, capacitive sensors,
inductive sensors, force and strain sensors, motion and
acceleration sensors, microcontrollers, microprocessors, user
interfaces and radio interfaces.
- Design printed circuit boards.
- Apply your engineering knowledge and collaborate with our
compliance department to meet regulatory compliance, safety and
- Develop design verification and validation test plans. Execute
- Work effectively with manufacturing to transition designs to
You always strive to do a good job but wouldn t it be great if you
could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality at
every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for
your valuable contributions. You re not intimated by innovation. In
fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You ll Receive
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 2 - 7 years electronic or electro-mechanical experience
bringing products from concept to production.
- Working knowledge of electronic and electro-mechanical
tolerancing and reliability.
- Working knowledge of PCB materials and construction.
- Capacitive, inductive and electromagnetic sensor design
- Electro-optical design experience a plus.
- Experience with Altium design tools a plus.
- Possess well-developed interpersonal, communication, and
personal time management skills.
- Ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- Ability to work in a global, multi-functional team
- International/domestic travel required for some projects.
You ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability,
401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner
What s more, you ll get that pride that comes from empowering
makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world.
We re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security
solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered
fastening. We re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As
successful as we ve been in the past, we have so much further to
go. That s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
veteran s status or any other protected characteristic.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are
considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
disability, veteran s status or any other protected
Keywords: Stanley, Black and Decker, New Britain , Electrical Engineer, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!