2nd Shift- CNC Lathe Set-Up Operator
Company: Nesco Resource
Location: New Britain
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Nesco Resource is looking for 2nd Shift CNC Lathe Set-up
Operators in New Britain, CT. This is a temp to hire position for
the right candidate. Schedule is: Monday- Friday from 3:30 PM to
11:30 PM. Pay is dependent on experience. Candidate is responsible
for operating CNC Lathe as directed by the CNC Supervisor. Duties &
- Must be able to set up and operate CNC Lathe equipment located
in the CNC Lathe Department. This includes Nakamura equipment.
- Must be able to work independently using prints, work
instructions and be able to use and understand all measuring and
- Must be able to change and/or set all required tooling.
- Perform 1 st piece and in-process inspections.
- Responsible for quality of all products leaving the CNC Lathe
Department on machines assigned.
- Train and monitor operators within the department.
- Perform all 5S as required within the CNC Lathe
- Perform line walks for Lathe area as directed by immediate
- Perform any other duties as directed by immediate
- Follow all company safety rules and report any unsafe acts to
- Must have full understanding of all company processes,
procedures and rules as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Support the strategic goals and vision of the organization by
promoting reduction of lead times and contributing to the overall
experience of our customers.
- Participate in company problem resolution teams.
- Participate in company Kaizen events.
- Prepare and present Gemba Board as needed. Key Results Areas:
- Safety- No near misses/OSHA Recordable Accidents
- Efficiency > 80%
- Internal PPM
- External PPM
- OTD > 95% Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years' setup experience on CNC machines
- Should be analytical and have trouble shooting skills
- Must be familiar with feeds and speeds
- Should be familiar with aluminum, brass, ledloy, 300 series
stainless steels (including 316)
- 430F stainless steel and 430FR stainless steel
- Computer literacy
- Ability to follow instructions
- Ability to make sound decisions and accept responsibility
- Ability to work well with others
- Understanding of the Lean Enterprise Tool Physical Demands: The
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job.
- Employee is required to lift up to 50 lbs infrequently
- Use hands to change tools, handle or feel; and reach with hands
- Employee is required to stand or walk frequently.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Nesco
Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource,
LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or
veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with
respect to employment opportunities.
Keywords: Nesco Resource, New Britain , 2nd Shift- CNC Lathe Set-Up Operator, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!