Member Services Specialist
Company: Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union
Location: New Britain
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Us:Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union (NSFCU) is a
values-driven organization committed to intentional actions and
investments to "be the change" in our community. We believe
prosperity for all people is possible when the people, businesses
and municipalities that define a community are interconnected
through meaningful social and economic relationships, ensuring
inclusive and equitable access to resources. We're on a mission to
create multi-generational prosperity throughout the Connecticut
community through education, collaboration and the support of local
commerce. We're looking for self-motivated people who believe
choices matter and want to apply their talents for the collective
good. Embracing our roots as a steward of the financial cooperative
movement, we are making deliberate and innovative investments in
our people, products and partnerships to create prosperity for all
in the Connecticut community. If you believe that the people in our
community deserve better, we invite you to join us.
Position Description: The primary purpose of this position is to
assist Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union in living out its
service mission, "making a positive difference in our members'
lives." To achieve this goal the employee must provide outstanding
service to both internal and external members. A key component of
this service is to provide our members with superior service in
every transaction. As a Member Service Specialist, you are the most
frequently seen face of the credit union. In fact, members may
think of you when they think of Nutmeg, making your job one of the
most important. The MSS is the front-line contact for new and
existing members; provides exceptional member service to account
inquiries. Incumbent must possess excellent customer service,
organizational, communication, technical, and sales skills. In
addition, effective communication with prospective and current
members is required to represent Nutmeg State FCU in a positive and
- Delivers outstanding service to both internal and external
members that meets or exceeds our Service Values.
- Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services
such as opening and closing new and existing accounts, renewing
certificate accounts, Cross-selling consumer loans and assisting
Members with bookkeeping and checking account problems.
- Performs all platform teller functions which includes; cash
deposits and withdrawals, check deposits and withdrawals, money
order sales, travelers check sales, cashier's check sales, and
record night/mail deposits.
- Actively cross-sells Nutmeg's products and services by
answering inquiries; informs members of new services and
promotions; determines the members' needs.
- Resolves member requests and questions promptly, courteously,
- Performs file maintenance and account changes as
- Provides an excellent member experience by relating well to the
member, proactively selling products and services that benefit the
member, thinking and exercising sound judgment, and acting
responsibly in the member's and the Credit Union's best
- Accurately performs financial transactions and member inquiries
in an accurate and timely manner.
- Continues to improve individual level of competency through
training and certification in established training programs.
- Performs various teller transactions, as needed, by the
- Actively refers Nutmeg's loan products.
- Maintains an up-to-date status of all sales support and
processing activity with routine reporting to the branch
- Assists members calling main office with requests for general
information on credit union programs, products, services,
- Complies with all Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) regulations and
standards, and attends training as required.
Responsibilities listed reflect general responsibilities of this
position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
duties. Other duties may be performed as needed. Qualifications:
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 1 - 3 years of experience in a sales/customer service
- Previous experience handling heavy cash transactions or a
teller in a retail/sales/customer service environment.
- Prior experience in a financial/banking institution
- Ability to work well independently, as well as in a
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications.
- Good understanding of member services and Nutmeg's
- Ability to use manual and automated office equipment with
- Ability to effectively communicate (written and oral) with
other employees and outside entities.
- Intellectual ability to learn all tasks related to reaching
maximum proficiency in this position.Physical Demands:
- Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Requires standing and/or sitting for an extended period of
- Travel required between various CT branch locations as
Keywords: Nutmeg State Financial Credit Union, New Britain , Member Services Specialist, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!