Sterile Products Coordinator
Company: New Britain General
Location: New Britain
Posted on: May 4, 2022
DescriptionJob Schedule: Full Time
Standard Hours: 40
Job Shift: Shift 1
Shift Details: 40 hours per week
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to
work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every
moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's
most comprehensive healthcare network.
The Hospital of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community
teaching hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient
services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety
of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading
professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide
array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from
birth through the end of life.
The Sterile Products Coordinator Pharmacist establishes policies,
procedures, standards and objectives to ensure the safety and
quality of prepared items; oversees the daily operations of the
Compounded Sterile Products (CSP) area; assists in meeting
regulatory compliance; and monitors training and competency
assessment and quality assurance/control. Responsibilities include
but, are not limited to the following:
- Assures delivery of quality pharmacy CSP services for
inpatients and outpatients.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures applicable
to the CSP area.
- Develops and maintains quality control and performance
improvement records and techniques for the CSP Area.
- Monitors training and competency assessment to ensure quality
control and regulatory compliance.
- Oversees and maintains information systems used in the
preparation of sterile products.
- Develops and maintains CSP area reports and statistics for
administration and regulatory purposes.
- Maintains department facilities and equipment.
- Provides input on use of space and purchase of new
equipment/technology for CSP area.
- Establishes and maintains safety, infection and environmental
control policies and procedures.
- Monitors the use of expensive medications to assure their use
is consistent with approved criteria.
- Facilitates investigational drug studies involving sterile
products and oversees required record keeping.
- Precepts and mentors pharmacy staff and pharmacy students in
the Sterile Products Area.
- Performs duties of Staff Pharmacist as
- Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy, Doctorate in Pharmacy (
Pharm.D.) strongly preferredExperience
- Two to five years of experience in clinical pharmacy practice
in an acute care setting.
- Supervisory or leadership experience preferred
Critical Success Factors
- Working knowledge of current regulatory guidelines related to
sterile product preparation and dispensing.
- Ability to oversee pharmacists and technicians to ensure
required regulatory safe practices are adhered to.
- Ability to work with other healthcare professionals in creating
a safe environment for CSP preparation, distribution and
administration.We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers
exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you
are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring
new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education
to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving
organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a
competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance.
Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: New Britain General, New Britain , Sterile Products Coordinator, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!