Cornerstone Health Solution - VP, Strategy & Industry Affairs
Company: Boston Medical Center
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 19, 2022
The Vice President, Strategy and Industry Affairs will be
responsible for managing the strategic planning, go to market
process, compliance and industry relations. This individual will
contribute to the attainment of the organization's desired growth
and overarching objectives by providing strategic guidance to CHS
leadership surrounding industry dynamics, compliance and corporate
strategy. Reporting directly to our President, this seasoned
advisor will serve as an integral member of our leadership team and
should be a critical thought partner who champions our values of
collaboration, optimism, innovation, and excellence. The ideal
candidate will possess extensive pharmacy and healthcare knowledge,
and a track record of building and maintaining positive internal
and external working relationships.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Lead and oversee the strategic planning, resourcing, and
industry relations for all Cornerstone programs and projects,
ensuring clinical and operational relevance, compliance, in support
of overall financial performance.
- Manage and lead a high-performing team; monitor, analyze, and
improve team performance; provide expertise, coaching, and
development to team members and drive thought leadership.
- Convert clinical/pharmacy/industry knowledge into approaches
and processes that continuously strengthen existing and create new
- Work with applicable company leadership to establish strategic
relationships with industry leaders in order to identify potential
growth opportunities and recommend the development of new
programs/services; generate and help develop subsequent leads.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other CHS leaders to
maintain alignment on core company objectives and assure positive
interdisciplinary communication between internal departments.
- Identify resource needs for supporting current and future
strategic initiatives; work with Human Resources to recruit and
hire new team members as needed.
- Liaise regularly with external key stakeholders, including but
not limited to industry analysts, manufacturers, CMS, payors, and
- Ensure strategic alignment between activities within and across
assigned clinical programs.
- Execute plans for continuous improvement that foster an
environment of creativity, innovation, and program
- Represent CHS as needed at meetings, conferences, advisory
boards, outreach meetings, and in interactions with thought leaders
and business partners.
- Monitor external sources and industry news in order to identify
relevant emerging movement in market trends, competitor activity,
- Develop group budget and monitor expenditures.
- Manage overall financial performance for areas of
responsibility, favorably meeting established milestones.
- Driven and collaborative strategic thinker with the ability to
quickly understand, assimilate, and critically interpret
information and evolving industry data.
- Proven capability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced
multifunctional team environment; well-organized and operationally
effective in developing and executing program strategies with a
flexible and solution-driven attitude.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral/written communication, and
presentation skills with a polished executivepresence.
- Track record of successfully building strong working
relationships across a wide spectrum of internal and external
Must adhere to all of CHS's RESPECT behavioral standards.
(The above statements in this job description are intended to
depict the general nature and level of work assigned to the
employee(s) in this job. The above is not intended to represent an
exhaustive list of accountable duties and responsibilities
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
PharmD (active license) required.At least ten (10) years
progressive leadership experience in pharmacy and healthcare
organizations. Experience must include leadership role and reflect
significant history in navigating complex solutions and creating
executable corporate strategies.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Comprehensive knowledge of pharmacy, specialty pharmacy, and
- Strong network of industry leaders and analysts
- Strong interpersonal skills, a high degree of analytical
ability, and the ability to work effectively with both internal and
- Excellent organization and management skills, the ability to
set strategy and lead a team in a fast paced environment
- Excellent management and communication skills
SPECIAL WORKING CONDITIONS(Responsible for on-call, 24 hr.
coverage, etc.) & Travel Expectations:
At times, contract negotiations and/or provider meetings may
require non-typical business hours work.
Up to 25% Travel Associated topics: diet, food, food scientist,
histology, injury, medicine, pharmacology, protein, trauma,
Keywords: Boston Medical Center, New Britain , Cornerstone Health Solution - VP, Strategy & Industry Affairs, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!