Environmental Service Associate
Company: Hartford HealthCare
Location: New Britain
Posted on: September 22, 2022
Description Job Schedule: Full Time Standard Hours: 40 Job
Shift: Shift 3 Shift Details: Monday through Friday, 3rd shift,
11:00pm to 7:30am, alternating weekends and holidays.Work where
every moment matters.Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare
colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we
do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part
of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.The Hospital
of Central Connecticut is an acute-care community teaching
hospital, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient
services in general medicine and surgery, as well as a wide variety
of specialties. Staffed by our talented team of leading
professionals, The Hospital of Central Connecticut provides a wide
array of services throughout the region, caring for patients from
birth through the end of life.Job Responsibilities:Under direct
supervision of the Housekeeping/Environmental Services manager,
performs work of ordinary difficulty and assumes responsibilities
in the area of Housekeeping/Environmental Services. General
cleaning and routine related activities in assigned areas according
to the department standards, policies and procedures. Maintains a
clean and sanitary environment for patients, visitors and hospital
- Cleans and sanitizes environment by completing daily, cycle,
periodic, and project cleaning using appropriate equipment,
chemicals and supplies, to provide a clean and safe
- Collects, transports and disposes of municipal, recycled and
regulated medical waste. As required, segregates and packages waste
to comply with all local, state and federal regulations regarding
- Transports, moves and delivers furniture, equipment and other
hospital related items as needed, using carts, hand trucks and
dollies, in a safe manner.
- Perform other related duties as required.Qualifications Minimum
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. Must
be able to communicate effectively.
- Must have the ability to operate standard cleaning equipment
such as (carts, burnishers, buffers, auto-machines, vacuum
cleaners, wet vacuums and other related equipment) as trained.
- Ability to remain calm in a fast -paced environment and handle
multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well with all
levels of patients, the public, and other health care workers.
- Exhibits initiative, flexibility and teamwork.
- Works collaboratively with co-workers, nursing and others to
enhance the Patient Experience.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions,
and effectively communicate information. Basic computer skills
(including opening/reading email, basic internet use).
- Ability to follow and adhere to all hospital and department
policies, procedures and training requirements.
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of Hartford
- Ability to follow all Hospital Safety and Infection Prevention
policies and procedures in performing duties, to include but not
limited to emergency situations, internal or external
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent Work ExperienceWe take
great care of careers.With locations around the state, Hartford
HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and
growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge -
helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and
community education to countless men, women and children. We know
that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we
provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life
balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Keywords: Hartford HealthCare, New Britain , Environmental Service Associate, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!