AR - Maintenance Assistant
Company: Jerome Home
Location: New Britain
Posted on: November 17, 2022
Maintenance Assistant Arbor Rose at Jerome Home is a 62 Apt
Assisted Living Facility in New Britain, CT. Established under the
will executed by Augustus Jerome. Arbor Rose Jerome Home is a
privately-owned, not-for-profit organization. We are a progressive
assisted living community with a highly competent and caring staff.
Established in 2008, our multi levels include, Memory Care,
Assisted and Independent Living. Also on our campus is Jerome Home,
a 120 bed Long Term Care Facility. We currently have an opening for
an entry level Maintenance Assistant. This 40 hour position will
work 5 days per week. It is also a benefit eligible position
offering Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO, 403b, 401k, and more. You
will also be responsible for rotating on-call on a weekly basis.
All employees of Arbor Rose are required to have the first 2 covid
vaccines or an approved medical/dental exemption. We have several
on-line programs currently being used by our staff: * Relias is our
on-line education program. Classes are assigned via email for you
to complete in the allotted time at your own pace.
* Smartforce is our on-line scheduling program. At the click of a
button, you can request time off or request to pick up a shift. You
can also send email/text notification to request coverage of an
* Paylocity is our online payroll system. We are all direct deposit
and you are able to view your check right online. In addition, we
communicate to staff through this system. The Maintenance Assistant
duties include, but are not limited to: * Receive and follow
maintenance schedule/instructions from your supervisor and as
outlined in our established maintenance policies and
* Perform routine maintenance and repair on the facility and
equipment to include light painting, carpentry, cleaning etc ., as
directed, in accordance with established procedures.
* Maintain general plant and facility in good repair, ensuring a
safe, clean and orderly environment.
* Perform unscheduled maintenance tasks as directed. The successful
candidate will: * Experience with light painting, plumbing and
other maintenance duties required.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, to follow
instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel,
and the general public.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and
maintain the appearance of maintenance work areas.
* Must be willing to work harmoniously with other personnel as well
as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level
they are currently functioning.
* Must have the ability to minimize waste of supplies, misuse of
* Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and principles
and be willing to incorporate them into existing maintenance
* Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.
* Must be able to relate information concerning a resident's
condition. Qualified candidates can apply through our website at ,
careers, "apply here" and choose Maintenance Assistant EOE/MF
Keywords: Jerome Home, New Britain , AR - Maintenance Assistant, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!