CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT
Company: Hospital for Special Care
Location: New Britain
Posted on: January 22, 2023
- Sign-On Bonuses up to $2,000
- Required: Certified nursing assistant (for new hires)
- Required: Ability to read, write and understand
- Required: State registration (for new hires)
- Preferred: High school diploma/GED
- Preferred: Previous experience as a certified nursing
- Preferred: Basic Computer knowledge
- In Lieu of certification/registration, nursing students
currently enrolled in a Connecticut nursing school who have
completed 100 hours of theoretical and clinical instruction in the
fundamental skills of nursing are qualified. Certificate and
registration must be obtained within 120 days of employment.
- JOB SUMMARY
- The certified nursing assistant, within a team, functions as a
caregiver who assists in the care of a group of patients under the
direction and supervision of a licensed nurse.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Job requires continuous periods of standing, walking, bending,
forward reaching with occasional periods of sitting. Ability to
safely transfer patients and provide contact guarding or hands-on
assistance. Requires ability to lift or carry objects up to 10
pounds continuously, to 20 pounds frequently, and up to 40 pounds
frequently for patient transfers and bed mobility. Ability to
push/pull up to 50 pounds frequently throughout the day for patient
transport and mobility activities. Occasional overhead reaching,
crawling, kneeling, and squatting may be required as related to
patient care. Visual and auditory skills are needed. Fine
manipulation is required for writing and computer usage.
- COGNITIVE DEMANDS
- Job requires the application of previously acquired knowledge.
Job requires flexibility of thought, reasoning, organizational
skills, and the ability to function in new situations. Selective
attention and concentration are necessary to complete tasks.
- Job requires basic formulation, content, syntax, and spelling
to complete tasks. Only simple sentence or very short paragraph
expression is necessary.
- Job requires spontaneous communication, and paraphrasing in and
out of the context of discussion and the ability to dialogue with
- Job requires an ability to comprehend lengthy messages or
paragraphs and to follow multistage commands. Communication skills
i.e. listening, feedback, etc.
- Job requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide
tens and hundreds by two, three, four, and five. Perform basic
arithmetic operations. Perform operation with measuring units such
as milliliters, liters, centimeters, feet, yards, and pounds.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide care under the direction and supervision of a licensed
nurse in accordance with hospital policies, procedures, and
- Receives report from licensed nurse on assigned patients.
- Reports pertinent patient information to appropriate team
- Incorporates awareness of age, developmental, cultural, hearing
and other special patient needs into care provided for assigned
- May assist professional staff during emergency situations.
- Demonstrates competency in use of patient related
- Documents in a timely and accurate manner adhering to hospital
policies and procedures.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Completes specific assigned tasks, sets priorities for daily
tasks, prioritizes and completes assigned tasks.
- Assists with maintaining orderliness, cleanliness, and supplies
- Assists with equipment maintenance and identification of
technical equipment problems when they arise and reports any
problems to manager or PCC.
- Transports specimens to laboratory.
Keywords: Hospital for Special Care, New Britain , CERTIFIED NURSES ASSISTANT, Other , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!