Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer
Company: Webster Bank
Location: New Britain
Posted on: June 8, 2020
If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here
at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has
always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help
individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals.
And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain
passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities,
and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference
in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career
you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the
values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The
Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an
employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working
hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
I. POSITION SUMMARY
The Senior System Analyst/Programmer is responsible for supporting
internally and externally developed applications which are hosted
both internally and externally. The Senior System
Analyst/Programmer is responsible for application and server
enhancements, addressing application and Information Technology
issues for Webster Bank, NA. Duties include but are not limited to
design, code, test, debug, document, and maintain complex IT
business solutions. They are responsible for developing and
coordinating application enhancements and addressing the
application and information technology issues for Digital Banking -
OneTouch applications for Webster Bank, N.A.
II. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES
- Monitor system performance and uptime.
- Provides routine and emergency production support which can
require off hours and/or weekends
- Supports team technology projects and system upgrades.
- Ensures parity between non-production and production
- Maintenance and system support to Digital Banking - OneTouch
applications in support of Community Banking. This includes server
maintenance, certificate updates, vendor upgrades and assisting
users with production issues.
- Troubleshoots application and/or client related issues and
- Applies tests and implements application fixes; works with
vendor supported applications to obtain fixes and implement as
- Support project manager/release manager by developing detailed
project information such as detailed scope information, estimates,
evaluation criteria and results, etc.
- Identify and define applications architecture, components and
interfaces, design of data model, data/information flows, and
- Recommend design alternatives, considering benefits of and
limitations to users based on in-depth understanding of business
needs; may code very complex or high risk components.
III. EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS or related work
experience strongly preferred.
- 3-5 years of professional IT and business systems analyst
- 3-5 years of experience within application support residing on
- 3-5 years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based
- Expertise using SQL queries.
- Highly developed understanding of structure analysis, technical
design, and database and file access methods.
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills.
- Proven communication and problem solving skills,
detail-orientated, proficiency in automated tools and desktop
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Banking Industry background.
- 5+ years of professional IT and business systems analyst
- 5+ years of experience within application support residing on
- 5+ years of experience troubleshooting Java or .Net based
- Knowledge of other technologies is a plus (HTML, Perl,
PowerShell, bash, ksh or others).
- Knowledge of working with Middleware Application such as HTTP
- Proven ability in one or more programming languages and
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Webster Bank, New Britain , Senior Systems Analyst/Programmer, Professions , New Britain, Connecticut
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!